Access the New UN Global Compact Academy E-learning Course on Human Rights
Developed by the United Nations Global Compact and the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, in collaboration with Shift, this e-learning course will help businesses understand what human rights means to business and how they can respect and support human rights in accordance with the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact and the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs). Through four interactive, 30-minute modules, the course will guide businesses on taking action to identify, prevent, mitigate and account for their human rights impacts.
The first and second modules of the course are now live: Introduction to the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and Getting Started with Human Rights Due Diligence.
Stay tuned for the following modules launching later this year.
By completing this course, you will learn:
- The key concepts of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs)
- What businesses are expected to do in order to respect human rights
- How to identify and prioritize your company’s human rights impacts
- How to understand the responsibility for companies to take action on human rights
- How to take action, track and communicate your company’s human rights impacts
- How to respond and find solutions when negative impacts occur, and how companies can put effective grievance mechanisms in place
In collaboration with: